Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kate, we are getting so close!!!!

OK, we have incredible news... When we returned from OH we had a message that Kate has gotten her passport (this is hurdle 2 of 3 - see previous post). Very exciting.

Well, it get's better... I then emailed the Atlanta immigration office to let them know that she was "clear" on the Korean side. ATL emailed me back the next day (miracle in itself), and just told me, moments ago, that her orphan petition was approved TODAY! This is absolutely HUGE! THIS is what you have been praying for! THIS is essentially unheard of in the ATL office. I KNOW there is another family still waiting on ATL, and their paperwork has been there 6 weeks already. I've heard quotes of 8-10 weeks. Kate was approved in LESS THAN THREE!!! I'm ashamed at my unbelief....

All major hurdles are clear. Washington and Seoul have to communicate and we will be given a green light to travel.... Hopefully Tim's work schedule will cooperate with this accelerated time frame! Small potatoes, right!!! My palms are clammy...

9 comments:

Maddie said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! That is just a huge hug from our Father who has grieved with you the last couple of months. I am soooo happy for you guys. Will you take Callie and Claire with you? If not, we would love to help out with them while you are gone!

Bridenstine4 said...

Congrats on the speedy paperwork! We'll continue praying with you!

Brad and Shana said...

I know Tim's work schedule will be a breeze compared to ATL and all the red tape. Remember, God's timing is perfecto!! We'll be glad to help with the girls too.

Much excitement for you here.
We're smack dab in the middle of our home study update.

Joy all around,
Shana

Tish said...

Wow! The fullness of time is about to come! I am so in awe of how God is working in your lives! We will continue to pray for you and cannot wait to see Kate in the loving arms of your family. God is so good! We are so thrilled to be able to share in your excitement through this website! I will be checking it for updates all the time! We miss you in OH!
Love,
Tish & family

Scooter said...

Yippeeeeee! Our hearts are full of joy for you all!
Love,
The McGhees

Unknown said...

Clammy palms are good!

Anonymous said...

Kate, you are so "close;" we're starting to see the light from YOUR window too! We're coming!

Hayley said...

Oh my goodness!! You are in the HOME STRETCH now. Enjoy every moment. You will find yourself looking back on these days and reflecting on how baby Kate is about to be united with her forever family. Adoption is such a precious miracle and I'm so happy for you.

Hayley

Jill said...

Yea! I hope you can travel to get her soon. She has the most kissable lips. I'm glad your paperwork went so smooth.

Jill From Dillon