Monday, January 14, 2008

Walking hand in hand with grief, again

Not even 2 months since my Daddy went to be with Jesus, Tim's mother has suddenly passed away at age 56. A couple weeks before Christmas she was nauseated and couldn't keep anything down. Thinking it was a stomach flu, she went to the doctor and they found a stomach tumor during an endoscopy. The biopsies of the tumor came back postivie for a rare and aggresive form of cancer. The doctors were thinking they could remove the tumor; however, last Thursday during surgery they saw that the cancer had spread beyond surgical repair. She has lived with a heart condition for over 30 years, and apparently the stress of the surgery and the illness was too much strain for her weakend heart. She passed away unexpectedly Sunday afternoon while still at the hospital recovering from surgery.

We would so appreciate your prayers as we travel to Ohio this week. For traveling mercies as we go, for Tim, and especially extra grace for Callie as she walks through the death of another grandparent (mercifully, Claire still doesn't fully grasp what's happened). Tim's parents have 10 children. Many are not walking with Jesus. You can also pray that this occasion will be a catalyst to their salvation.

The morning of Mardy's surgery I heard this popular song on the radio, and for the first time I really heard the words:




My heart is to praise Him, no matter what storms come.
He's worthy of it!

5 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

I am so very sorry! We will certainly be praying for your family.

Maddie said...

Chelle, I am so sorry. We will be praying. Tell Tim we love him and are thinking of him.

Erin said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Many prayers of comfort for your family.
Erin (NCgirl from Holt bb)

Darien B. Cooper said...

I am praying as your immediate family and your family at large face this loss of Mardy, that you will be aware of God's presence, grace, love and mercy. I pray that not one ounce of the pain be wasted but all be turned into Kingdom revenue to pierce the darkness with greater light from God's heart. I love you. Aunt Darien

Hayley said...

I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss. Losing a loved one is so difficult. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Hayley