Friday, February 1, 2008

In the meantime...

We are in the final stages of our wait to bring home baby Kate. We expect to receive a call within the next 2-3 weeks letting us know that we are cleared for travel.... It's a heart-pounding, extremely exciting time in our house! In the meantime, would you pray for SMOOTH TRANSITIONS for us all! That Tim and I would be submerged in grace and mercy, that Callie and Claire would quickly and happily adjust to another sibling, and mostly for Kate ~ who will be facing the greatest changes of all. Everything she knows is about to change: familiar places and smells, the sound of the Korean language, a major time change, her formula, her foods, her surroundings, sleeping in a crib, new faces, riding in a car seat for the first time.... the list is endless! It is to be expected that Kate will most likely have a period of grieving. Mainly for the loss of her foster mother. Grief is a good thing. Please pray that her grief be healthy, and hopefully short-lived, and that she will then bond and attatch to Tim and I quickly and in a healthy way. Pray with me that the Holy Spirit will groom her heart for these changes, and that she may embrace us readily!

9 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

We will gladly do that for you. Have you been thinking about packing? When I allow myself to look ahead, I always think that packing may just be a dauting (and fun) task; but maybe its because we will be there for a while. How long will ya'll be in Korea?

I am so excited for you all!!

Tish said...

Hi Tim and Chelle
I can only imagine the excitement you are feeling! A new season of your lives is ahead packed with blessings, I'm sure! I will continue to pray for you and visit your blog for updates!
Love,
Tish

Unknown said...

I am so privileged to be praying for your sweet family. I have been doing and will continue! I am also praying that travel call comes quickly!!!! I can hardly wait for that little Kate to be in your arms and for you to be home and all together!!!!
Love,
Jill

Jill said...

You guys seem like such a great family. I'm sure she will fall in love with all of you, as fast as you fell in love with her. I'm so happy for your family. Hope you have a safe wonderful trip.

Jill from Dillon

Maddie said...

We will continue to pray for you guys as you wait to bring your precious little one home!

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog to get updated -- how exciting!! Looks like Kate will definitely be home by March :)

What you guys in need of for Kate? Please let us know --

Love ya'll,
Lisa (Cooper)

courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
courtney said...

Chelle- I CAN'T WAIT to hear you guys have TC! We are so looking forward to following your journey to bringing her home- praying for TC NOW!
CourtneyS

Dania Efird said...

Hi! It's DaniaE from the Dillon Korea forum. Your family is beautiful! Looking forward to following your journey to Korea!