Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Forever ours....

Today is our "Gotcha Day"! Kate is now ours, forever! The foster mother and father came and met with us at 5:30. The foster mother was weeping before we even met. The senior Dr. Kim came and prayed a blessing over Kate, as he does for each child before they leave. It was extremely difficult for the foster mother to relinquish Kate, and it was terribly difficult for Tim and I to watch. The social worker pretty much took Kate from her arms and handed her to Tim. Ohhhh, it was tough! The foster mother had prepared food for Kate for the journey ~ sooo sweet! We took Kate up to our room and she played on the bed for about 5 minutes and then started to cry. Silly me, yesterday wondering what we were going to "do" with her until bedtime! Kate screamed for about 45 minutes (I was expecting a lot longer), and then mercifully fell asleep for a short nap, snubbing heavily and sucking her thumb. When she awoke, she cried for a short time, but is now playing with Tim. I think we're going to be OK! In retrospect, Tim and I agree, it's nicer getting this time with Kate tonight, rather than on the way to the airport!

Continue to keep us in your prayers as we travel home. That Kate will continue to adjust. That we will all get some rest. For traveling mercies. No motion sickness. Safety.
Girls, we just cannot wait to see you! It's been a LONG time! We love and miss you dearly and are REALLY looking forward to seeing you at the airport in the morning! LOVE YOU!!!!
This will be our last post from Seoul. Hopefully, our next post we will have pics of us all TOGETHER!!! Thank you ALL for all your kind words, comments, and encouragement on our blog while we were here! They have been a tremendous source of encouragement for us! USA, here we come!!!


15 comments:

Jill said...

Kate is so darn cute! I imagine how hard it must have been seeing the foster mom so upset. She is such a wonderful lady, as are all the fostermoms. It takes a special person to care for our precious babies for so long and then give them to us. I am very Thankful. You have a beautiful family and Kate fits in so perfectly. God is soooo Goood!

Jill K

Sawicki4 said...

Kate is too cute! Safe travels home!

Mandy (sawicki4 Holt BB)

Melissa said...

Oh, she is just a doll! I hope that flight home is not too tough! I was just there so I clearly remember how hard that meeting with the foster family was!

AmyK said...

She is so precious. I am so happy for her and for your entire family.
Amy K

Brad and Shana said...

I think my favorite picture so far is of Tim kissing baby Kate on her head. That is so sweet. So very glad she took a nap for you.

Blessings of peace for your travels home.

So exciting!

-Shana

Nancy said...

Continued prayers being said for you, Kate and Tim. Thank you for sharing your journey to Seoul with all of us.

Nancy

Unknown said...

I am weeping for joy! I am praying that Kate continues to feel your love and security....and that she sleeps the whole flight home!! She is precious! How blessed are you all!

Yvonne and Eric said...

I hope your trip home goes smoothly and safely. Thanks so much for allowing us to share this wonderful journey with you.

Yvonne

M :-) said...

That moment is one of the hardest moments I have ever experienced in my life. I have to tell you -- our little Molly was wearing that EXACT same outfit when she was placed in our arms forever. I'll have to email you some pictures. :)

Congratulations, and I pray that you have a safe trip home.

(gplmll on the Holt BB)

Anonymous said...

Yay!! What a blessing that you were able to get Kate the night before you leave for home. She looks absolutely precious in her daddy's arms. Have a safe flight and can't wait to see pictures of your entire family together!! God is so good!!!!

Kelly (holt bb)

courtney said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Kate!! Can't wait to see your picture with your sweet sisters! :)
CourtneyS

Erin said...

YAY!!! Kate is officially yours! What a doll baby! I hope you have a wonderful and safe and peaceful trip home! Can't wait to see pictures of your whole family together!! Erin (NCgirl from Holt bb)

DeLynn said...

We are praying as you are flying! :)
Kate is adorable. We can't wait to meet her.

Lots of love,
Tim & DeLynn

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is so precious!! I will be praying for your trip -- I am fighting back tears thinking about Kate's foster family...what an incredible blessing! I think Darien has meals lined up for you guys -- relax, and enjoy the "ride"! :-)
Lisa

The Rogers Family said...

Praise the Lord that Kate is FOREVER YOURS!! Those pictures of Tim with her are amazing!! She is beautiful and I know she will have just the perfect place in your family!!

We are so happy for you!!

Love,

Joe & Cyndi