Friday, March 7, 2008

SHE SMILES!!!!!













Oh my goodness!!! What can words say?! It has been an incredible morning! So, I had never seen a picture of Kate smiling and I often wondered if she did! Well, you can clearly see that she does ~ often!!!! We got to meet Kate and her foster mother this morning, and I just have to say, it was all so natural! I got a little teary when we met for the first time, but was soon so distracted by everything going on. Tim and I both really, really, really liked the foster mother. She is just a wonderful lady. She truly loves Kate. The case manager was there as well, so we were able to ask the foster mother all sorts of details about Kate. The foster mother said she loves to smile, alot, and does so for all the neighbors. Kate did not seem shy around us one bit. She came to us very easily and played and smiled constantly. The foster mother broke out some fresh strawberries and began feeding them to her. She LOVES to eat, the foster mother reported! Can you tell?! After a while, the case worker and the foster mother left the room so we could be alone with her. Again Kate did not cry, she just kept playing with us. After a while she began to get a teeny bit fussy, everybody returned and the foster mother reported it was close to her nap time. We will meet Kate again along with her foster mother and foster father on Monday. I presented the foster mother with some gifts that we had brought. After we explained about the presents she began to cry, and then really started to cry! Ohhhh, I felt so bad for her. The case worker ushered us out to let her be alone for a while, and that was the end of our meeting! Kate is the first baby for this foster mother and I'm sure parting is going to be very difficult for her. I'm already praying for her comfort.....



22 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO EXCITING!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ALL IS WELL!!1 The girls miss you and we're glad to hear and SEE all the good news! Callie was wondering if you would "break down and cry" when you saw Kate. They LOVE the paper chains each morning with your notes. Treasures!! They can't wait to see laughing Kate in her crib! Is. 43:5-6!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful site for me to see first thing in the morning. OK, I'll be truthful... I did check my emails first then came strait to your blog.

KATE IS ADORABLE!!!! Lovin' those cheeks and the little button nose.

I will be praying for Kate's foster family. It amazes me that they do what they do, knowing that they only have such a short time with these tiny babies.

Enjoy the weekend and take in all the sights and smells.

Nancy

Sawicki4 said...

Kate is adorable! Love her smile!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Mandy (Sawicki4 - Holt BB)

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm SO happy she smiles! I was praying for the visit as you had it yesterday and am just so tickled at how Father continues to answer our prayers about Kate. The pictures of Korea are great. I especially love the pictures of my niece enjoying her mommy and daddy. What a treasure! Well, Donny Ray had a blast with your girls yesterday while I was working. On the ride home he kept saying "Care, Care" (meaning Clarie of course). He just loves being with Clarie especially, and I can just imagine it will be the same with Kate...the three of them are so close in age. I hope you have having a wonderful time! The candle is burning bright here! ~Joy

Yvonne and Eric said...

WONDERFUL pictures! Kate is adorable and it's great to see her so happy. I'm sure it will be very difficult for the foster mother, but your obvious love for Kate will assure her that Kate is where she belongs.

YvonneW from Dillon's board

Unknown said...

I KNEW IT! I knew that the Lord would begin to prepare sweet Kate's heart for her parents! Oh MY! How those pictures look JUST like the ones we have from our first meeting with Sam! She is just beautiful! What an absolutely blessed and gorgeous family! I can't wait for Claire and Callie to meet her!!!!!

courtney said...

I a so glad it went so well!! She is ADORABLE! Look at those bottom teeth! I can't wait to see pics of her with her new big sister! Enjoy the rest of your trip-
CourtneyS

Dania Efird said...

absolutely adorable!

Hayley said...

Oh my goodness - she is just adorable!! Looks like you had a wonderful time together :) I'm so glad things went so well and she was comfortable with you right off. I LOVE your pictures!!

Hayley

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that we can be so connected with pictures and words to round out what the Spirit is doing! Kate is already loved, accepted and established in our hearts with love. God is doing such marvelous things. Know that He is working awesome, miraclous wonders most of which we simply cannot grasp. What a joy to walk and participate with our God. Love you all. Darien

Anonymous said...

Oh those are the best pictures! The foster mother sounds as if she cared greatly for Kate and always will. I will keep the foster mother in my prayers as well.

Holt BB blogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a beautiful girl your Kate is!!!!! You all look wonderful together!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Maddie said...

The pictures were a little fuzzy from the tears! But, I could see how absolutely beautiful Kate is and how she looks as if she has been in your arms since birth! Sooooo happy for you!

Matt Millard said...

Oh my goodness, Kate is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the cheeks. They remind me so much of my Hannah's cheeks at that age. So sweet.

Enjoy every moment of your trip!

Sarah
(Matt & Sarah on the Holt BB)

PS...I love your new haircute, so cute!

Jill said...

Oh she is such a cutie! Love her little teeth. I'm so happy for you. What a happy little girl.

Jill K

Unknown said...

PERFECT !!!
Love, Marianne

Brad and Shana said...

Thanks for all the pictures! She is a true doll baby!

Love those smiles and those cutie-t-pie cheeks

Shana

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! from Callie and Claire and Yada from the other side of the world! Life looks good on you! See you soon! We're going to Panera Bread to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

cats practicals verifiable isrevealing arizonas delivering innate enlightening disregard akhandanand wokingham
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

portfolios conflicts clients wherewithal predictable goodwill darrenlgf enfermundi acquisitions meta plexiglas
servimundos melifermuly