Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm thankful my Daddy is free!


After a 27 month struggle with a serious illness, my sweet Daddy is now free from all pain and suffering! Though we have sad hearts, my family and I are rejoicing on this day of Thanksgiving, that my wonderful Daddy is in a much better place! I wrote this out on Thanksgiving morning moments after I found out....

  • I am thankful my precious Daddy is now with Jesus.
  • I am thankful I had an earthly Father that gave me a glimpse of my heavenly Father.
  • I am thankful my Daddy led me in the sinner's prayer when I was 6 years old.
  • I am thankful my Daddy loved my Mommy.
  • I am thankful my Daddy was loving, kind, wise, and always helping others.
  • I am thankful my Daddy taught me how to work hard, and how to play hard.
  • I am thankful my Daddy prepared me for life.
  • I am thankful my Daddy was willing to tread unchartered waters.
  • I am thankful my Daddy was a man of integrity.
  • I am thankful my Daddy was a generous man.
  • I am thankful my Daddy wasn't afraid to say "I love you."
  • I am thankful my Daddy loved Jesus.
  • I am thankful my Daddy could fix my leaky faucet.
  • I am thankful God gave me a daddy just like MY Daddy!

It truly is well with my soul.
Chelle

3 comments:

Jodi Brinkley said...

What a beautiful tribute to your father. I don't even know you or your father, but your words brought tears to my eyes. May God bless you during this time of sadness.

Jodi Brinkley
(friend of Tammy Hildebrand)

Maddie said...

I am thankful that your daddy raised such a special person. I know the angels are rejoicing with him in Heaven. We love you.
Eric and Tammy

Bridenstine4 said...

You guys have definitely been in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing your perspective. It seems like, from reading your entry, that your dad was an amazing man.