Friday, December 7, 2007

We have a BABY!

Oh my gracious! It's hard to believe! We have a baby GIRL!

Oh, it's all surreal to process after thinking and dreaming about the moment! OK, I was walking in my backdoor, arms loaded with groceries, when my cell phone went off in my purse. I precariously answered it leaning over the clothes dryer (only spot I've found to give a couple seconds of reception!). It was our case worker from our adoption agency! Of course I called her right back on our regular phone line and she gave me all the details. After seriously expecting a BOY, it was quite a shocker that a little girl needed us the most! Our case worker was amazed too. She said, "I don't know where all these girls are coming from! We keep telling people to expect boys, but we're getting so many girls!"

Well, she emailed Tim and I 3 pages of birth and medical information. We reviewed everything, prayed, asked for counsel, and were filled with so much peace and excitement! Tim asked our girls if a little sister was OK instead of the little brother they had been thinking about.... the vote was unanimous! When we got to see her photos, we were all smitten! WOW! We think she's just adorable!

Introducing our new daughter, Ha Mee. Born June 11, 2007 in South Korea!

The earliest photo we have of Ha Mee.


Ha Mee



Ha Mee with her foster mother, Mrs. Lee.

One of the coolest things.... Ha Mee's referral call came December 5, my Daddy's birthday! He loved to give gifts to others on his own birthday. This year we got the best gift of all, Ha Mee.

Of course we can't wait to get her home. In my next post I'll tell you how all that happens and what you can do to PRAY her through!

Thanks for sharing in our excitement!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word, Chelle! She certainly must be yours....she is as beautiful as your other girls!!! I am absolutely thrilled for you and the timing is definitely a gift from God! I am already praying that the paperwork goes smoothly and that you get your tc very soon! Will you travel to get her??? She is beautiful! Congratulations!!!
Love,
Jill (Holt BB)

Unknown said...

Ditto to jilly's comment.
WOW.
The seal of Christ is engraved upon the timing of this season.
Marianne

Brad and Shana said...

My heart is leaping with excitement for you all. What a wonderful way to celebrate your dad's birthday. God's blessings on you as you bring your sweet one home.

She is beautiful!!
Shana

Maddie said...

Oh wow! That is incredible! She is absolutely beautiful! We will be praying. We can't wait to meet her. :)
Tammy

Erin said...

Congratulations, again, Chelle! Soooo happy for you and your family! What a gorgeous baby girl! Hope she is in your arms soon!! Erin (NCgirl from Holt bb)

Nagel said...

Congratulations, Chelle and Tim! She is so beautiful ! We will pray for you all for safety, and God's perfect timing to bring this new life into yours.
Love,
Zane and Bill

Nagel said...

Congratulations, Chelle and Tim! She is so beautiful ! We will pray for you all for safety, and God's perfect timing to bring this new life into yours.
Love,
Zane and Bill