Sunday, May 25, 2008

Isn't she lovely....

Kate has been home 10 1/2 weeks, and boy, has it been a wild ride! A little over a year and a half ago, I cried for 2 weeks when I realized Tim was serious about a third baby! (God just had to take us both down special paths to prepare our hearts for her!) Now, I can't imagine my life without my three girls! I've been asked repeatedly, "How does it feel to now be the mother of three?" I can tell you that it feels wonderful. My life feels so incredibly full, complete, and happy. I don't know exactly what it is, but I seem to treasure the moments more... I guess with Callie now 8, I'm realizing that life, indeed, is incredibly fast, and before I turn around, Kate will be as old as Callie. It feels easier, and even more fun the third time around! Kate brings us so much joy!
Of course, it is a lot easier to say this now that full adjustments to her homecoming have been made. Claire and Callie both have adapted beautifully and love for Kate continues to blossom in the hearts of all of us.
The emotional side of adoption amazes me. It's true. What I've always heard. I love Kate just as much as my biological daughters. To me, that's miraculous. I know it's just a reflection, a picture, of the love my Heavenly Father has for me....
"In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will ~ to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding...."
Ephesians 1:5-8
It's just incredible, practically incomprehensible, that our Heavenly Father loves us as much as His Son, Jesus. And, that it was "in accordance with His pleasure and will" that He predestined us to be adopted into His family. He wanted us, just like we wanted Kate! It was His pleasure to welcome us as His child, just like it is our wonderful pleasure to welcome Kate into our family and make her a co-heir. Think about it! (AND, I'm sure God didn't cry for 2 weeks at the thought of adding more kids to His family!)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I just can't get over what a HUGE part of God's heart was revealed to us through adoption. To actually feel that love and joy and know that our Heavenly Father's love and joy is a million times more than that! It is mind blowing! Your girls are breathtaking and I am still so thrilled for all of you!
Much love,
Jill

Brad and Shana said...

I am so blessed to have so many friends who have walked this road ahead of me. I absolutely love seeing families live out our future....especially when all of the examples are so encouraging to me. Thanks for sharing your lives and your miracle of adoption with us. We are so happy for you!! She really is beautiful!

Dania Efird said...

So, I read The Shack. Amazing. I absolutely loved it. Thank you so much for recommending it!

Maddie said...

I love it that He gives us a glimpse of how much He loves us. It is just overwhelming! Great post!!!

Cyndi Lou said...

What a beautiful post and what a beautiful family! Thank you for sharing this with us. I NEEDED to hear this today!

You DO have a beautiful family and they, too, have one of the BEST mommies ever!! Thank you, Chelle, for being someone who has made an impact on the Rogers family! You are such a blessing to me!

Love you,

Cyndi

Cyndi Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyndi Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

of course she is lovely! completely precious :) I loved reading your sweet post and look forward to our own little Sissy to be with us! I already love so much. you are right and that is only by Gods grace and love that He pours into us to overflowing. I am thankful to have experienced both childbirth and now the birth of adoption....its really amazing how they are both born out of LOVE.
And yes, these boys eat a ton! Just a glimpse of what is to come I'm afraid. Sissy will help me cook :) Her apron is waiting!

Waiting4OurAngel said...

Wow it has already been 10 weeks home! She is growing and beautiful! I am so inspired everytime I read your blogs. Thanks for sharing. Take care!