Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mama said there'd be days like this....

Nice, relaxing holiday weekend is over, and my butt is so dragging today. Kicker is, we relaxed all weekend! Tim's back to work, laundry is piled up, groceries to be bought, attitudes to be checked, and oh, I'm soooo tired today....

I love this poem, and I'm trying to keep it in mind as I do my mommy stuff today:

Three Mothers
Once a woman came upon three mothers at work.
"What are you doing?" she asked one of them.
"I'm doing the weekly washing," answered the first.
"I'm doing a bit of household drudgery," replied the second.
"I'm mothering three young children who someday will fill important and useful spheres in life, and wash-day is a part of my grand task in caring for these souls who shall live forever," replied the third.
Only she had caught the vision of the great work she was doing.

7 comments:

Maddie said...

Oh to be the 3rd mother. Some days I am there, others not so much. I guess we are all just a work in progress. :)

Nancy said...

We had a rather busy, yet fun weekend. I woke up this morning feeling like a 90 year old lady.

This is sad to admit, but I was super excited when I looked on the fridge and noticed Micah was eating lunch at school today. YIPPEE!!! That's rather pathetic when you're so tired, you get excited that you don't have to pack your child a lunch.

Have fun folding laundry... I know I am (not). ;0)

Unknown said...

Still.....wouldn't a maid be nice some days????

Brad and Shana said...

Thanks for the reminder....it sure is easy to forget under mounds of clothes and dirty toilets......

We do have a great calling, there is none other that I'd rather have.....but just with every calling, ours does include some 'dirty work'- toilets, being chief among them.

Anonymous said...

Mama's right, and I bless all your sweet hands as you care for shakers and movers of the next generation! You will not be disappointed...I know, I have connectons!

Anonymous said...

Mama's right! And I love the poem!

Unknown said...

I love this poem :) So true. I've had one of those "my boys are growing up weeks" and have tried to be intentional about giving them the time/attention they so desire :) Funny how the day is better when I serve them first then do my own thing later....