Monday, June 2, 2008

Move over Rachel Ray!

My friend Marianne is known for the STELLAR birthday parties she throws for her kids. I'm talking all out, over the moon kind of fun! One year she served up these WONDERFUL chicken fingers she made from scratch. I had to have the recipe and we've been eating them ever since. I just made them again the other night and thought, gosh, these are just tooooooo good not to share!!!

BREADED CHICKEN FINGERS

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
~~~~
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon Tony Chachere's original creole seasoning

Combine the top four ingredients and refrigerate 2-4 hours, or overnight. Mix together remaining ingredients. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture and dredge in flour mixture. Fry til golden in small amount of oil in a nonstick pan. Yummmm!

7 comments:

DeLynn said...

Yes, Rodney and Marianne are amazing at birthday parties!

You know what is funny, Chelle--just yesterday, at Ben's request, I bought some of the creole seasoning! We were away over Memorial Day wknd and our friends had that seasoning and Ben loved it. I finally remembered to get it at the store yesterday. Tonight he put it on his steak.

I just thought it was so funny that you mentioned it tonight--I had never heard of it before 2 weeks ago!

I will definitely make these!

Love you!

Brad and Shana said...

Ooooh, thanks Chelle!! Now, that's something I can sink my teeth in to. And, it sounds easy enough.....BONUS!

Maddie said...

Yummy, we will definitely be trying this recipe. I made your pancakes yesterday morning and thought of you. :)

Dania Efird said...

Sounds really yummy! I'll have to try it next week when the kids get home from grandparent's house!

Anonymous said...

Those look fabulous!!! I'll be filing that in my recipe box!
Yep, chilly at the park in June... We are actually very thankful it was 50 and rainy as it's been around 90 here lately, too!

Tamara Chastain said...

Sounds great! I love a good easy recipe.

Cyndi Lou said...

Those sound great. I can't wait to make them for my family here. I hope they will like them, too! I might need to get this 'pancake' recipe from you. That sounds good, too! Thanks for sharing!

Cyndi